Environmental Management Policy
"We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry"
To end we the Imperial are committed to taking the following action;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation and achieve third-party environmental certification recognition.
- To review and update this Policy annually and report on our progress in achieving our Goals and Targets.
- To create an Environmental Action Plan setting out out planned actions - current and future.
- To comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation.
- To minimise our waste with a specific focus on Food, Single Use Plastics and Landfill.
- To monitor and reduce our water consumption
- To Reduce, Reuse & Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- To develop and implement a Green Purchasing Policy that actively favours local and responsibly sourced goods and services.
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives.
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis, develop KPI's and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets
Major Targets & Objectives
- To reduce our Energy consumption by 20% in 2025 over 2019
- To reduce consumption of Mains Water by 15% in 2025 over 2019
- To engage with our suppliers to reduce packaging by 20% over 2019
- To increase usage of recycled paper products to 75% of all paper/cardboard purchased
- To use local suppliers sourcing locally produced food
Community Social Responsibility
- To support organisations working to improve the local environment
- To communicate our performance and achievements through the hotel website
- To facilitate the use of greener transport